Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ahhh, this is the life.

I think I found the way to happiness...working 1/2 days.

Daycare called this morning because Jack fell down and got a pretty good sized bump on his head. Then they called back about 45 minutes later because he was still sad and just asking for me. He didn't want to go back into his classroom, and they felt bad for him. Who can blame them? This poor little boy with a big bonk on his head and his arm in a sling.

I have this 1/2 vacation day that I've been meaning to take at some point, so I decided today was the day. It's not like Jack is actually sick, so it's a great day to just give him some extra attention and relax at home. Now I'm sitting on the couch in my sweats and watching some sappy TV show. I think I'll wander downstairs in a bit and get a good workout in. Then maybe I'll do some writing or wrap Christmas presents. This is an awesome 1/2 day! I think I could do this all the time. (I'm going to send this posting to my boss. See how much fun I'm having H?)

Of course, it wouldn't really be this blissful. Working part-time usually means working a lot more "unofficial" time. And it would never be perfect. And then there's the whole making less money thing. And it would be for total selfish reasons. And Steve would probably balk at it because he would be jealous. BUT...for this afternoon, I'm going to live the dream. It's my half day, and I'm going to live it up. Ahhhh....

5 comments:

Hettie said...

Ha! Live the dream today, girl, because tomorrow it's back to deadline!

shopaholicbabie said...

live it up girl!!!! i bet half days are better because you're already up and productive. if you start the day not having to go to work, i bet it's harder to get motivated. enjoy it up!!! wrap my christmas present! that's the important one!

ashes ashes said...

Isn't funny the small things our jobs make us appreciate? I have spent my week working 12 hour days. It has been a blast.

Unknown said...

Good for you -- enjoy that sweet stolen time. It's kind of like when you were a kid (at least in Wisconsin) and there would be a snow day so you'd have a free day at home when you weren't expecting it. How great it that!?

Amber said...

It sounds silly, but I feel that way when Jared comes home from work early. It's like I have a half day (or an extra hour or so) of vacation. Then I can get stuff done!