Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Darn that Gymboree

I wanted "puffer" vests for the kids to take their Christmas picture in. I found THE perfect ones on Gymboree, but to buy them, it would have been over $70! I know, insane. But then I was at the mall today and they were on sale. Plus, I just happened to have a 20% off Gymboree coupon in purse that I had pulled out of a magazine the day before. It was like destiny.

I blame Amber for getting me hooked on Gymboree. It's all her fault.

Take a look at Anna's vest in this link.
(Jack's is cute, too, but doesn't have the adorable fur.)

By the way, Steve tells me that you're supposed to wear these vests OVER your coat in the really cold weather. I think he's crazy. He tells me I don't know what I'm talking about and didn't grow up in cold weather. But seriously? These vests are for looks, right? Who puts them on over a coat?!?

5 comments:

Steve said...

Over a heavy sweatshirt or light jacket. Those things won't last past november if you just wear a shirt under them.

Amber said...

I guess I've only seen them for looks, because I've only seen them worn over a long-sleeved shirt. Or something similar. I've always felt they were pretty pointless as far as keeping you warm. But I may have to break down and buy one for Sadie, because that one you got for Anna is super cute.

Lanae Photography said...

I thought you just wore a long sleeve shirt under them.....for looks! I think Steve got outvoted. It doesn't matter that he grew up in WISCONSIN!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That is really cute. Please don't put it over her coat.
ashley (i can't figure out how to make it show up as me)

Unknown said...

Vests are always worn over heavy sweatshirts or light jackets for warmth -- and you really see a lot of them on cross-country skiers. The idea of the vest was to provide warmth for the body core, without binding up the arms with a heavy layer. If you're chopping wood, raking leaves, or doing outdoor sports, you throw a quilted vest on over your heavy shirt or sweatshirt.

However, sleeveless vests have also suddenly become a fashion rage and everyone is wearing them to school and the office over light shirts. The kids will be so trendy this year!