Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Things You Don't Brag About

Instead of posting how wonderful our weekend was at Steve's dad's house in Minneapolis (which it was), I will instead post on a few things you usually don't brag about. This will be fun. Here we go...

Anna helped pack her suitcase on Thursday night and when we opened it on Friday, we discovered that she threw in an ice cream sandwich. Thankfully, it only made a few spots on her nightgown.

Grandma Ginny took us to Dairy Queen Friday night, and I dropped Anna's popsicle on the ground. Ginny wanted to buy her a new one, but I swiftly wiped off the dirt and gave it to her. Steve had a good argument that she would probably drop it a few more times anyway.

Jack threw a fit at Dairy Queen, so I had to put him in the van to sit quietly. He was sooo mad at me and as I was buckling his seatbelt, he screamed, "damn! damn! damn!" It's like I didn't realize he was mad, so he had to curse the situation. And by the way, I have NO idea where he hears that stuff.

And finally, I can't let all the things be negative, so here's one positive thing thrown in there. On our drive over there, Jack said, "Mommy, when I grow up, could I marry you?" Awwww. What a sweetie!

3 comments:

Hettie said...

These all made me laugh really hard!

ashes ashes said...

This might inspire me to "brag" about the things I shouldn't.

Amber said...

Hahahaha! OH, that just made my morning. When Jack and Anna grow up, we'll tell them a thing or two about your high school lunches and a certain red drawstring backpack with an Ariel keychain thing.