Monday, May 17, 2004

Thrown to the Wolves

Jack started daycare today. Stacy and I were fortunate that we could afford for her to stay home with him for 10 full weeks, but at some point you have to get back into the swing of things. Stacy has been anxious about this day, but everyone says it doesn't matter if you wait two months or two years--you always feel like it's too soon.

I had the privilege of dropping Jack off for his first day. I am a very staunch believer in daycare, and the benefits a child enjoys by attending a good center, but it was pretty tough to leave him there. I was briefly tempted to take a sick day, so he could have one more day at home as the center of attention. It didn't seem like he'd be hurting for attention, though. Everyone that came in commented on the new boy, and how big he is. It looked like he was going to be held for a good long time, too.

I have a feeling Jack is going to be a very pampered boy tonight.

No comments: