Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Too Good to Be True

I recently came across a listing that a friend of mine pointed me out to about a company looking for "spa reviewers." I quickly scanned the listing. They mentioned they would prefer writers with some kind of beauty background, and then they invited you to send in your resume and writing samples.

I figured it was worth a shot, so I sent everything off. A few days later, I heard from this person from www.prettycity.com. They chose me as one of their reviewers! I'm pretty ecstatic. Here's the way it works: They send out e-mails to their reviewers in the area, and the first person to respond gets the "job." You go to the spa or salon, all services and gratuities are taken care of on the spot and then you get paid $75 once you turn in the review. Ha! I'm actually going to get paid for going to the spa!

My first assignment is tomorrow. I'm going to this really chic salon where I will be having a cut and color. Yikes! (This is the same girl who has only had color one other time in her life.) I'm excited, though. I talked to the person who assigns, and she said the spa/salon ratio is pretty even. She also said I could just respond to the ones I'm interested in. So, I am so excited. If anyone has any tips or ideas for how to do my hair, bring it on.

!!!!!!!!!!

(See my excited exclamation marks!)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Oh, my gosh. This is great. The best part about it - other than getting treatments for free, and then getting paid - is that if they do screw up your hair, you can write a scathing review. Not that they'll screw up your hair or anything.

Amber said...

So was it really too good to be true? What did you do to your hair?