Monday, August 23, 2004

Keep Putting One Foot Ahead of the Other

I guess the hardest thing about having a blog is actually remembering to update the thing. I'm going to try to add a little something a few times a week, to try to get into the swing of things.

Jeff and Scott came down on Saturday to help me build a new deck. The old one was rotting away, and after looking into stamped concrete and paver stones, we decided to simply replace the old rotten deck with a new one. We discovered that every stone and brick in the neighborhood was buried on the dirt below the old deck. I'm glad Scott didn't know about that ahead of time, or he may not have come down. In the end, we built a really nice deck, to my mind. Check out the photo album.

Jack continues to grow like a weed. I'll be updating the summer album with a few new pictures later this morning. He has started eating some carrots and apple sauce and peaches, and eats a meal of rice cereal once a day at daycare. He still manages to find some room for formula and breast milk, though. When we took him in for his 4 month appointment in July, he weighed in at 18 pounds, so I imagine he's breaking 20 now. He's also left the 6 months size in the dust, and is comfortably wearing 9 month clothes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanted to get some summer clothes for Jack for next summer because everything is so cheap right now. Honestly, though, I'm not sure what size he'll be by next summer. The stuff I was getting is for 18 mos., but he might move right by that size before the summer really gets going. That boy is really growing!