Sunday, November 09, 2008

I actually did it!

I really did it...I ran my 5k today. I've been working on it for a few weeks now, exercising and running outside weekly. Last weekend, I ran about 2.75 miles, and then today, I made it to the 3.1.

It was a cold and icky morning, though not as bad as it could have been. The kids went in the stroller on the walking portion with Steve and the grandparents. And my wonderful cross-country coach friend, Rachel, ran with me. She was such a good sport. She stayed with me the whole time, even though I know she could have gone faster. She even talked to me to keep my mind off the task at hand. What a great friend!

My time wasn't anything to brag about, but I finished the whole thing without stopping, which was my goal. I don't expect to be training for a full or half marathon anytime soon, so I might as well enjoy the moment while it lasts.

I celebrated my accomplishment by having a deep tissue massage.

4 comments:

Hettie said...

Woo hoo! I knew you could do it! And a massage afterward...now that's smart thinking.

Amber said...

Congratulations! I'm proud of you! Oh, and I voted for Jack. Some of those costumes were lame-o. Jack had better win.

Lanae Photography said...

Hey if I were there, I'd be the TERRIFIC friend helping you through the massage! I'm such a wonderful blessing you know!

Anonymous said...

Stacy, you are a rock star. That is such a big accomplishment. It really truly is. You deserve to be so proud!!!
Amanda